A lovely gluten free quiche tart makes an impressive dinner for special guests, but this easy recipe should be one you make often for your family on regular, not-so-special nights, as well.
The gluten free pastry crust is so easy to make and a dream to roll out when made with my gfJules Flour (it actually adds stretch to doughs like this one), and it bakes up so light, soft and flaky, you’ll wonder where this recipe has been all your life. As for filling, use whatever you like! Heck, you don’t even have to bake a quiche in the tart crusts if yo you don’t want to, but they’re oh-so good this way.
We often bake this gluten free quiche tart recipe when we need to clean out the fridge. Leftover veggies from the grill? Vegetables about to go bad in the produce drawer? This recipe is your answer! Oh and if you’re super short on time, check out my crustless gluten free quiche recipe! Made with a side of homemade gluten free French Bread and you have a meal to remember.
I hope you enjoy making and serving these beautiful tarts as much as we do. They really are special, but don’t save them for only the rainy days!
- 1-2 recipes gfJules Gluten Free Pastry Crust (larger tart pans require more dough, so double the recipe)
- 1-2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil, avocado oil or other high heat cooking oil
- 1 cup mixture of: sliced mushrooms; diced zucchini; broccoli pieces; peas; diced bell peppers; diced asparagus; diced onion; corn; chopped red potatoes; Brussels sprouts or other vegetable additions of your choosing
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream, dairy or non-dairy (dairy or non-dairy OR plain yogurt like So Delicious vegan yogurt)
- 1 Tbs. Ume Plum Vinegar, apple cider vinegar or gluten-free Tamari (San-J Tamari)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (dairy or non-dairy like Go Veggie or So Delicious vegan shreds)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, Monterey Jack, or other mild shredded white cheese (dairy or non-dairy like Go Veggie or So Delicious vegan shreds)
- 8-12 oz cooked tofu, shrimp, or crabmeat (optional) - cut to bite size
- 1/4 cup gfJules™ Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp. fresh chopped Italian parsley or thyme + more for garnish
- 2 tsp. dried oregano leaves (or 1 tsp. dried)
- 2 tsp. fresh basil leaves, diced (or 1 tsp. dried)
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. cracked black pepper
Prepare the gluten free pastry crust, wrap and set out on the counter while preparing the fillings.
Heat oil in a large skillet to medium-high. Cut vegetables into bite-sized pieces and saute in olive oil until slightly browned.
In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, sour cream/yogurt, vinegar, shredded cheese, cooked protein (if using), gfJules Flour, herbs, salt and pepper. Stir in cooked vegetables.
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Roll out pastry crust according to directions. Lay one tart pan onto rolled crust and cut 1/2 inch around the outside using a butter knife or pastry wheel. The circle should be slightly larger than the tart pan you are using.
Lift the cut circle of pastry and lay into tart pan (line with parchment if the pans are not non-stick), pressing gently to to fill the bottom and up the sides of the pans. Either cut off the excess dough above the top of the pans or flute with your fingers for decoration.
Fill the tart pans 3/4 full with quiche mixture. If you have leftover quiche filling and no more pastry dough, simply oil a small pan and pour remaining filling into the pan to bake as well.
Place all filled pans on a flat cookie sheet and place in preheated oven in case there's any overspill during baking.
Bake for 25 minutes then begin testing for doneness. Insert a knife straight into one tart and remove to see if it is clean. If clean, the quiches are done.
Remove to cool slightly before serving.
Pin it for later!